Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Luminosity of the Soul - What Dreams May Come

Hi everyone,
I would like to take a minute to remember my childhood Hero, Robin Williams.

He was as close as a father figure as a movie star could ever be to me.  His tragic suicide left me at first in shock, then deeply sad and most of all contemplative for the past couple of days.
The death of a Legend is always something hard to swallow, but when it is someone that has been present in your childhood almost weekly, with every movie or show he made, it is even more so (Yes I grew up watching Mork everyday, he kept me company while I colored my Disney coloring book)...
One of my favorite movies of all times with him was "What Dreams May Come".  This movie was breathtaking with all of its visuals, but it couldn't have ever come alive the same way  without him.
I really hope Robin found peace, the state of mind that he has deserved for so long, and that his soul may rest in the beautiful heavens portrayed by that very movie.  His gift was so great, the gift of his presence was, that he couldn't have possibly known how many people are touched by and mourn his death.  It is a tragic loss for us all.

I will never forget you oh Captain, my Captain.  I will never forget all the laughter and tears you gave me, in a world where we are becoming so desensitized by the media, it is a real treasure to have felt all of these emotions you were able to arise in us, your audience. Thank you so much for the gift of your very own existence.

I hope this is what you're experiencing right now:


On that note, I would like to share the pieces I've worked on this week, they are simple, but they helped me realize that simplicity is what is needed to nourish our souls.
I especially thought of the idea that our soul is everlasting and infinite and this notion gave me comfort...


I like to think our soul is pure and luminescent at its core, just like this medal, unperturbed by our less happy thoughts and shining from within our hearts.  If I could wish for the color of my soul to be, it would be this luminous white with shades of light blues....


I would also hope my heart would be as untainted and as strong as a shield because it is filled with God's presence and love...after all He is the ultimate Shield for our hearts and souls...


Somehow I feel Robin's death also reconnected me to the notion that life is short and it should be lived at its fullest and it should be a testimony of God's work.
It doesn't really matter what you believe in, I just think that you should be the best that you can be, and do what brings love to you and other folks...I'm still of the path of figuring it all out, but I am committed, I want to walk that road so badly, I would do anything to find it, so I keep searching and praying.  But I keep searching and also making and doing, because I know that's the only way I can find the right track...


But at the end of it all, Love persists....Love is the only thing that really matters...my favorite chapter from the Bible I Corinthians 13 describes that very notion...so I will love those around me, even when I don't feel like it, I will find a job I'm absolutely crazy about, so that love can expand onto others, and abandon the one that is not my calling...soon, very soon, one day soon.  I know I will know when the time is right, because His Spirit will guide me...


Please my friends, don't ever give up on Love, don't ever give up on Life, because it is the greatest gift we have, yes even the pain is a gift, because without it we wouldn't understand the happiness we pursue...
But if you ever feel too much pain, always turn to someone you Love, tell them, because God will speak to you through them...

Hang on...hang on... Love will prevail.

And with these abstract and yet solid thoughts...I wish you a wonderful week...may your souls find that Love, always...



No comments:

Post a Comment