Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Animal Kingdom and Other Stuff

Hello friends,
I hope everyone is staying cool.

So this week it's been sort of a random week, because I got so much friggin stuff to post and catch up on, no seriously, between the heat of GA and the amount of work, I feel like I'm losing my mind...I guess the heat is catching up to all of us, so in order to counter it, I just started drinking more water and started juicing...I'll be on a full well overdue cleanse next week when I have some time off with my full time job.

Nonetheless, it has been a very full and productive week.  I was scheduled a lot for my day time job, but in between I was able to finish a custom order that took about 3 months to complete for an array of reasons (it really shouldn't have taken that long, but the dear lady was very gracious and understanding)
So guess what? No custom orders until things slow down in the jobby job and that won't be till September...

Enough of my ranting, let's cut to the chase, here's the customer order, which I was very pleased about and I think she will be too:

"A Seamstress' Devotion"


Her best friend died of cancer and she lost her long battle not too long ago, she was an amazing seamstress.  At the request of the customer, I hunted for a Victorian strawberry pin cushion with a sterling top -theses are HARD to acquire at a decent price- but I knew I would say yes when the strawberry magically came to me easily...it must have been a  divine sign...

L@@k at the details of the strawberry and that beautiful Spanish medal of MM...when I found it I know it would be perfect, as her friend often would sew a dress with a rosary around her wrist...just perfect!

Then she asked for another necklace that was themed in the same manner that would go together...so I made this one, with a super rare antique needle case , made of horn and most likely ivory, given the striations...

And the this is how it all looks together:

The pictures don't even do them justice....so these are gone bye bye already...

And then for the second part of the blog...I have new items! yay! These time inspired by our world's creatures...
These will be up for sale tonight...


If these little guys look familiar, it is because I made a similar pair oh, let's say last year.  These are also hard to find treasures from most likely the mid-century era...but they look oh so Victorian! I love them! So much that I found these with another pair, and I'm keeping a set all for myself! Why? Because I really can't give up my last pair...I'll probably add gemstones to those too and wear them...And yes, just in case you're wondering, they are REAL seahorses!

And last but least, my pride and joy...I made this one a while back, but I had to change and tweak a few things.  This one was inspired by the symbol of the House of Baratheon (yes, you Game of Thrones fans, I know you know what I'm talking about, what we all know...ok that's enough)...


I don't think a stag gets to be much more regal than this one if I may say so...


And yes, that is a pipe, to be exact a meerschaum pipe that someone smoked for a while...it still has a faint smell of tobacco, it's quite comforting really...lots of gemstones on this one...rubies, tourmaline, chrysophase, baroque pearls, just to name a few and a couple of milagros...uhhh...I just love it!  You will start seeing more and more of this kind of work from here on as my metalsmith skills are increasing...the chain that is so irregularly and perfectly rustic was fabricated by moi! Say whaaat??? Yep, it's all me...
Speaking of which, I need to share what the awesome hubby made in class too...

But that will have to wait next week, with a ring I finally finished!

Till next week then, have a great 4th of July! I'll be out of the country as usual...keep tuned, I feel some Milan pictures coming up!

I wasn't born in the USA, but this kitten looks like he was born in the USA  ...♪♪ ♫♫♪♪♫♫♪













No comments:

Post a Comment