Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Rush of Pretty to the Head...

Hi people!
I hope everyone had a good couple of weeks!  I've been SSOOOO busy ever since I quit my job with bureaucratic steps to get my business going.  After a lot of thinking, talking to a CPA and infinite meetings with my hubby, we decided to both go with an LLC...
It is a bit more expensive, but if anything goes wrong with the business at least no one will go after my house, savings etc...it gives more protection.
Well so, after this little lesson, let's move on!  

So I'm now taking my third BEGINNING metal smithing class over again, because they wouldn't let me take an intermediate at the new place at this time - oh well, I guess I'll get the basics down like a flippin' pro!-
I'm also taking a class with the hubby, ceramics, and let me tell you, when they say "oh, it will come back to you, and it's like riding a bicycle blah blah blah", well, they are lying!
I haven't been in front of a wheel in 10 years and guess what? Nope can't throw a straight small cylinder worth a squat!  It's fun though, it's challenging and I'm up for a little challenge.  Plus, that's my hobby, no way I plan to turn that into a profit...I already got my hands full with jewelry and painting -well that one I haven't quite picked it back up yet ^_^; and I'm supposed to have an Art progress day with friends soon- that's ok...they know the whole shananigan!



Despite all this beating on metal and trying to become a serious metal smith, every once in a while the "Pretty sparkling things fairy" hits my head with her heavy star wand, so I had to appease her an make pwetty stuff...not grungy metal masculine rough jewelry that I wanna make...noooo...

So she told me: "You've been watching so much Downton Abbey, I wanna see Pretty!!!" and I tried to be smart and told her "Yah, but I've been watching Carnivale" and she was like "I don't give a damn!"... so she gave me a rush of pretty to the head with her wand again...

So basically moral of the story my little fairy muse demanded I make pretty  non pretentious earrings that are Downton themed so I did....




 So these are the Lady Edith ones, green because she seems to exude that color and wear a lot of it



Then these other are inspired by Lady Rose so what better than a really feminine color for her...like...rose?
These are all vintage Swarovski btw, fancy...no they really are beautiful in person though...
more Downton Ladies in the making...

I guess the problem originated with me feeling stuck in a rut, so since I have a ton of beads, findings etc that I collected over the years, why not use them?
Of course this kind of jewelry doesn't really fit in RomAntique Soul so I decided to throw it in my supply shop, which by the way, I've been filling up almost every day now...my goal of getting to 200 items before Xmas might actually be achieved sooner than later... yippie!

So I also decided that my budget jewelry ($30 and below for earrings to give an idea) will go in my supply shop also, so that' why my other shop is a bit empty.

New stuff is to be worked on soon...at the moment I'm almost done with a commission, just thinking about final touches and checking for symmetry etc...so hopefully it will all work soon ;-)
Oh yeah...I moved some earrings, re-took pics and added similar ones to the supply shop...I think I'm happier this way, I really want to reserve my main shop for assemblage and metal smithing, no simple sparkle girly stuff there >:-(
I'm a bit crazy with categorizing, my hubby gives me a hard time...

So these have also moved to the supply shop: (here' me picking them up and moving them-I'm such a dork!-



and I guess I like these lucite etched things so much I got some others a while back, probably will make more if they sell well...

I just thought these might be cute stocking stuffers for Christmas...and I like them... these two are bigger though...

I saw so many cute colors in these I'm thinking of buying more, but I first have to work on more serious stuff for now...we shall see....

Anyways, that's all folks!

Isn't it crazy how all the Holidays are just around the corner?  The older I get, the more seem like time is slipping by... at least I'll get to spend a Christmas with the fam, which I haven't done in 8 years!!! You know what?  I really don't miss my old job at all...is that bad?

Stay warm and cozy, I love this time of the year! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment