Saturday, December 13, 2014

Many Thanks, Special, Heart Filled, Elephant ghosts....and..."Breaking Bad"

Hello pretty people!
It has been a while since I've posted on here...blame it on the classes I'm taking, the turkey (or tofurky in my case) and the laziness and procrastination!  What a wonderful Thanksgiving soup that would make!
All right, all right, how has everyone's Thanksgiving been?  Mine was yummy thanks to my Italian parents (yes, I'm bragging about their amazing cuisine).  They are so sweet! Every time I go over they make adjustments for my vegan lifestyle, I'm so blessed and lucky!  Despite all that Sergio (my stepdad)  knows how to cook anything!  And when I say anything, I mean ANYTHING!!!  The man's an impromptu genius...give him a carrot and he'll make it amazing!  He must have been a French chef in a past life...or hekk, Italian...the authentic cuisine from my native country is off the wall!  Don't believe it? Go there and try it for yourselves ;-)

So what have I been up to...well for one thing, I've been binging on "Breaking Bad"...yes I know the show is over, but guess what?  I don't have to wait a week to know what happens next, because it's all on Netflix!!!  That show is kickass!  The acting, the story, the drama...all unbelievable! Yes kudos to the writer for keeping me distracted!

Other than that...I've been throwing pots and cups non stop in Atlanta at Spruill Center for the Arts with my hubby...we actually made so much little stuff, we are going to give it away for the Holidays to family and friends.  I will post pictures later, last class is tomorrow, so we have to get our butts in gear and finish up.

Then there's this stuff:

little elephant earrings made out of cracker jack from Japan, probably from the 1930s or so...these little fellas have seen better days as they probably used to be coated in a pearl wash and used to have solid trunks and legs and tails, but no more!  I still couldn't pass them up! So cute!

Then I've made some Holiday Jewelry and some sold out already:



The Rhinestone ball earrings went pretty quickly and the other sparkly ones are still on the market...and they are full of garnets and quartz galore...


Then for those that love MM like I do...there are these simple beauties...I've been trying to make lighter earrings, not just in weight, but also appearance...I'm basically trying to up-cycle in more modern and streamlined designs...so...

This "Heart Filled" necklace with sacred heart, steel cut beads and my handmade organic chain segments in the back is coming out tonight...  I'm really digging these linear designs...however... I still love the not so linear...


So I think these also look great stacked up with other chains and necklace...these other two are still available, but I could see all of these being worn by themselves or with really petite long chains...what do you think?

And then I made an ultra special necklace, every once in a while I pull out my precious stack that I've collected and so jealously held on to...but it was worth the wait I think...this one is a bit on the pricey side, but totally fair for a heirloom piece...




This beauty is over 100 yrs old, and comes from monastery in France, I bought it from a trusted seller that makes frequents trips to France and to its stunning flea markets...since I can't go there myself anymore, I'll just have to find this items in other ways...don't you love the cracked heart, the gemstones and my little experimental rustic soldered circle?   So pretty.

Thank you for stopping by and just in case I don't post again for a while (but I might soon to show the ceramic stuff before it goes away forever), Merry Christmas!







No comments:

Post a Comment