Friday, October 31, 2014

Dia De Los Muertos

So it's finally here! The scariest night of the year! Or the funnest if you're like me and love it!
Despite my love of Halloween I never could bring myself to make Halloween inspired jewelry.  I guess pumpkins and black cats are not my forte, but then...I just love skulls!  Especially Tibetan skulls in rosaries.  

A couple of days ago I also watched  "The Book of Life", and my only regret is not watching it sooner!  This animated movie is spectacular and absolutely creative!    I especially loved the depiction of "La Muerte" or Death...so pretty!  I went home and wanted to make sugar skull jewelry!








  Oh wait...I don't make sugar skull jewelry..but I do make other jewelry...so this is what I came up with, something so colorful and not my usual I almost punished myself and took it apart....well then I said screw it!  I actually love the results and I will wear this stuff if no one else wants it! Especially the necklace...



Aren't these cute?   I found these at a flea market and I've been itching to use more milagros in my jewelry. After all I am half hispanic and I love Frida Khalo, so these are sort of a tribute...





Then I went totally nuts with carnelian, topaz and all sorts of candy colors...sort of a medley of the spirit of Mexican festivities and well...the candy that you get on Halloween ;-)  Yum...

'Tis the night...I wonder if I'll get trick or treaters...

I'll be concentrating more on metal-smithing and painting for the next couple of weeks, so I might take a little break from Etsy, since I've been working on it constantly.

See you ghouls! ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment