Sunday, January 25, 2015

Rin Tin- Tin! Studio!

Ok, I don' t know what else to title this, as it is sort of related, but mostly not!

I've been kind of busy this month as my hubby and I are finally turning the ex-garage, turned into a living room/dog room/ art room, into...a STUDIO!  Yay!  
Yep, that's right!  I finally will have a dedicated space for my Fine Arts and crafts...a long awaited dream of mine!  Don't get me wrong, we don't have a big house at all...just a little 1970s dingy ranch with three bedrooms, all pretty small and definitely the storage space is outdated for the kind of stuff that is made these days...BUT...we are still using the ex garage as a studio!
You see, both my hubby and and I are making Art of all sorts...and we thought...you know...we really don't need this space as a living room...there's the other room at the entry door that would be a smaller cozy space to watch TV



Many of you don't actually know that I am an ex-painter, painter again wanna-be, so I will need the space most definitely!  I paint big and when I mean big, I mean pretty darn BIG...if my canvas is not at least 2 ft to start on one side, I am not a happy camper...



I suppose it is pretty surprising for someone that works in jewelry scale...but...



                            
I really think it's great that way, after all switching sizes forces the eye to readjust...think of it as a workout for the eyes...close far, close, far, detail, step back, large shapes, tiny shapes...you get the idea...trust me, eyes can get pretty darn tired of doing just one thing...

Plus, I like the switching, it is exciting...


 Anyways, as you can see at the moment I'm still playing with jewelry possibilities...cutting up those tin boxes again and playing with low temperature solder, while I keep honing my skills in silver smithing...
You guys! Guess what I got for Christmas...A super duper HOT rolling mill! A friggin' Durston!  I'm so excited I could tear the roof!  And...my husband got a little kiln, so I can make enamel stuff and ceramic beads and pots!  I'm in heaven!  I couldn't ask for anything better....
I just ordered and received a bunch of enamel powders...let the playing begin!  Well after we finish the studio thing...
So much to do!
And so little time!
More to come in the next few weeks my dears! In the meanwhile, happy creating and daydreaming ;-)

Better go to sleep, I've had a hekk of a day...and these will be published tomorrow on Etsy for really reasonable prices.

Arrivederci!

2 comments:

  1. Those earrings are to DIE FOR! I adore your use of tin in them.
    Congrats on the upcoming, 'new' studio space and all the additions you have to add to it. Sounds like a lot more fun and beauty will be coming out of it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope, I will definitely be glad when it is all done! So far my husband and his uncle have torn the paneling down and have replaced half the room with dry wall...looks good so far!
      I should do a before and after shot...

      Delete