Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hiya! Change of Plans...

Hi guys,
so I have kind of huge news...it could be good or bad depending on how you want to interpret it.

After much speculation and introspection, lots of thinking, lots of B-School worksheets I have finally decided to put jewelry, especially assemblage jewelry on the backseat and concentrate on my so long paused Painting career.

I think when I started assemblage it was to escape my gruesome daily job, and I never felt like painting anymore because I was gone 3-6 days at the time...the few times I would try to pick up a paintbrush I would feel lost from where I started because weeks or months would go by before I would have the time to try again.
Needless to say, it has been a VERY long time since I've put any paint on canvas or heck even seriously sketched.  I've done a few doodles for jewelry and the occasional half human drawing, but never anything too serious since my collegiate years.
I felt for so long like it was a pity to waste all these skills I learnt over the years, and I also felt the passion for life I had back then leaving me while working a job that was not meant for me.
Well 5 months ago, I took that leap of faith and let go of that job to continue my career as a jewelry designer, but I still felt as if something was missing...

I could never get the satisfaction that I had before making Art on canvas.  Sure, I like making jewelry, especially now that I've been taking a few metal smithing courses, but I realized as I was doing the first worksheets of B-school that I did not LOVE it....I LOVED painting, I LOVED drawing, I could always get lost in the process and never realize how many hours I was spending in front of a canvas, it was like magic...

So I decided to go back to it intentionally and fully, professionally this time, to keep myself in check, to improve, to really paint like the old masters like I've always dreamed of.
Screw it how long it will take, I will enjoy the journey, as long as I have a roof over my head and food, I will be fine, God always provides.

So you might ask "But what happens to everything you've worked for?"  Well, it will always be there to be picked up occasionally, but I'm going to be listing a lot more on RomAntique Supplies than RomAntique Soul for now, and that's ok...I have a lot of antiques and vintage to share for others to collect, to love, to reuse and whatnot...

So I'll be putting more stuff on there and the rest of the time, or I should say most I will be patiently retraining myself with a pencil, a brush and oils by taking some courses and ferociously practicing.

Just to be on the safe side, I'm even setting up a website, as Marie had us do, to hold myself accountable...still working on it, but you can go there if you'd like and subscribe to my e-mail updates.  The site will open late Fall when I will have more to offer to the eyes.
So go to Alessandra Fryzel Fine Arts and please go ahead and subscribe if anything for moral support at the moment.  I will have a clearer plan and a grand opening in the Fall, but it would be great to share with you guys, it really would warm up my heart and hopefully I will be able to pay it forward. I have a charity in mind that really holds my heart, but more on that later...

For now I leave you, but I will return, with different work.

Don't forget to check the supply shop regularly as I will have items that I cherish on there as well in due time. Know that when you buy something you're supporting my art supplies for painting and my dream and for that thank you!

Love everyone!
Will see you all in the Fall and perhaps I'll drop a line on here at some point.

Alessandra.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you oodles and oodles of the best as you start/restart this journey! I know you will do amazing things and can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete