Monday, May 18, 2015

I'm back! I'm still making some stuff...

Heya peoples!

I'm sort of back!  I finally got to sit down and assemble a bit at some point between reviewing anatomy, taking business classes and sketching, not quite full force yet but a little.
It is raining right now, and I keep wanting to take pictures of cool stuff I got recently that will be used in up coming assemblage and some of my metal smithing, but I keep encountering rainy days or just plain laziness...sigh!  One day I'll conquer this unspoken disease called procrastination...

So between all these classes (including still metal smithing -after this one I'm going to take a break from it and do things I want rather than a bunch of mindless boring assignments)  I sneak in a bead a or two once in a while and pull out my treasures.

I've already posted a pair of earrings an hour ago, but I figured I'll give you a sneak peak of a couple of more creations to come out later on tonight, when I finish editing, pricing etc...you know, the less fun part of artin'





So I decided to simplify my earrings a bit and my designs in general, just cause I figured, less is more sometimes, plus when you deal with ornate parts to begin with, you generally want less.  Here's a tip...LESS is MORE in this case...you wanna highlight the beauty of these mini works of Art and not detract from it with fussy designs...quite honestly I'm a bit sick and tired of seeing vintage assemblage as a big mess of junk...sometimes it works, but most times it doesn't...trust me on this one, less is better, especially when it comes to your ears, they will thank you for this design principle...it's also a functional thing....

So, I did sort of the same with my necklaces, but not really...one of them is ornate, but NOT over the top ornate...it's important to strike that balance...think of it as a pulling between forces that work together to breathe life into your piece... 





So I just friggin' love these mother of pearl horns...they are so hard to find, but whenever I can find one for a decent price I'll grab it!  They symbolized good luck in the Victorian ages and I think they can still work their magic...the pictures really don't do justice to this necklace, yes, after 3 years I'm still trying to figure out the best setting for my cam...even Photoshop sometimes doesn't help, then again, I'm not much of a photographer, even though some peeps think I'm great...I'm decent at most...




I suddenly remember why I don't like to use ornate background either....I can't water mark shit, excuse the French...I tried to put my logo and it just wouldn't work in this picture...I love how the picture (and the necklace of course) turned out, but I just couldn't find any place to stick the words in...oh well...   Do I obsess much over these sea horses? I am CONSTANTLY searching for these and maybe once every 2-3 years I find one or two...I just can't help it!  They are so darn pretty...and then that gold filled lavaliere watch fob is to die for...Hurray for the Victorians...they are my faves... I also forgot to take an additional picture to show what I did to the back of the lavaliere so it will be a surprise!

So any who, at some point soon I will share something other than jewelry on here...I hope you enjoyed the "pre-release" of my stuff...



Oh, btw...I usually don't do this, but Go See MAD MAX!  It is so awesome I had to see it twice and I'm planning on getting the DVD once it's out...Post apocalypse has never looked so perfect! Holy crap this is Oscar worthy!  The world is so...ah!  And Charlize Theron is a shot of adrenaline!  DON'T watch the long trailer if you can help it!  I hate these new trailers...they give out too much!





No comments:

Post a Comment